B&W Photography 5/23/21 Weekly Reflection

 5/23/21 Sunday Weekly Reflection

Written at 6:30pm

I have made a lot of progress on my black & white photography senior project this week. This past week I have focused a lot of my efforts in the darkroom. In the darkroom, I used an enlarger and chemicals to create prints of my negatives. This week I have learned that creating a final print can be a long process. For example, I worked for several hours on my bicycle wheel print. It takes a lot of time because the editing of the image can only be done prior to the developing process. Therefore, if I see something I want to fix or change I have to redo the print. Many of my negatives had a lot of gray space so I had to use filters in the enlarger to try and minimize the gray areas. This also took time because I had to play around with what filter to use as well as how much time to use. Before I decide on an amount of time to use on an image I have to do test strips. When I change filters I have to redo the test strips because the image will not have the same amount of contrast with the different filters. 

I have loved what I have been doing this week. My favorite part of black & white photography is working in the darkroom. I like watching as an image appears while the film paper is placed in the developer. I also enjoy discovering how I can better a photo when it is adding more time, burning and dodging, or changing the filter.

I have been very productive this week. I finished two images so that they are ready to present during the final day of senior project. So far I have worked on my senior project for a total of 53.24 hours. Therefore, I have less than two hours until I meet the required 55 hours. However, I will definitely spend more than the requirement toward my project. I am looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow. I plan on having another final product ready by the end of tomorrow. Once I finish all my prints I will be able to frame the images for display.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black & White Photography 5/12/21

Black and White Photography 5/11/21

B&W Photography 5/14/21